Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today

So today, my dad took me up to visit UCLA and USC. Just do a campus tour. That's not the main point of this blog post but just for the record, I liked UCLA quite a bit, and did not like USC at all.

What was really awesome though was that several months ago I met this guy on twitter. I met him while he was a senior in high school, but he's now going to UCLA.

So, since I was on his CAMPUS and all, my dad and I arranged it so we could go to lunch, say hi, and meet.

And it happened.

So awesome.

I can now say I've met someone in real life that I initially met on the internet.
I love the internet.
I wish the internet could be my ringtone.

But seriously.
This is a mini rant, but I really hate when people (when I say people, I mean adults who don't really use the internet a lot but have heard STORIES of STALKERS on MYSPACE and just OH MY GOODNESS, that's TERRIBLE) but anyways I hate when people just assume that everyone on the internet is a stalker.
I mean really, the MAJORITY of the internet is just other people, just like you and me.
While I concede that yes, there are perverts, predators, and people looking to scam you out there, and you shouldn't just give out your information on the fly, I don't really get the point of hiding behind a screen name + lying about your age + lying about your location to everyone you meet. That's just not fun. Rather a bother too.

But yeah, anyway, meeting my friend (John. @Solimander on twitter if you want to go check him out) was really awesome. Just like UCLA. Only he's a person, not a college.

No comments: