Friday, April 10, 2009

I HAVE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS.

Everyone looks at me like I'm a total moron, when I say I want to save my first kiss for my wedding day.

I've been told it's unrealistic, pathetic, naive, stupid, and more.

I have been told "You wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive, would you?" (Wow, way to objectify women. Women =/= cars, and for those unfamiliar, =/= means "does/do not equal).

I don't think it'll be easy. There'll probably be some point in time when I let temptation win, and I give in. But really, EVERYONE I've talked about it with, is rather discouraging about such a decision. Like, it's just NOT DONE.

Which kind of just makes me *all the more determined* to do it. I mean, nobody else is doing it. I'll go for it.

This is probably really easy talk for me though, seeing as I don't have a girlfriend.

Maybe I'm just afraid of getting involved and investing myself with someone.

I see almost all of my friends hooking up, breaking up, happy one day and crying the next. I don't want to be like that. I don't want to become that.

And it doesn't help, either, that there's probably two girls I'd consider dating right now. Both of which, I know, are liked by other guys. And I, being the very introverted non-dominant person that I am, I'm not going to even tell the girls I'm interested in them, let alone date them.

Drama.

Drama drama fracking drama.

This post is totally improvised by the way, I'm typing it as it comes.

I kind of want, like, the experience though.

I need someone to go on, pardon the expression, kick-ass photography adventures with.

Before you say friends, friends get busy. Friends make plans with other friends. Friends have personal projects.

I just realized.

This kind of internal kind of pain/longing is way way way way easier to go through than braces.

Braces is like hell. In your mouth.

And let's see, I've got parents who love me, a roof over my head, plenty to eat and drink, my own camera and laptop and bed and room and Nintendo DS and a car to drive and money to pay for gas and my own iPod and computer speakers that (for the most part) work, I have a tripod and blankets and a bass guitar and awesome friends that put up with rants like this one, I've got an incredible home church with awesome worship that connects me to God, and I've got a GOD who loves me.

SO MAYBE I SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING.

3 comments:

brian c. berry said...

I'll go on a kick ass photography adventure. When are we doing it :) sounds fun.

I also have a friend who never told his girlfriend he loved her until the day he asked her to marry him and never kissed her until the end of the isle. They're doing fine and have a couple of kids. I guess they figured it out.

follow jesus, check the rest- regardless of who else may want you to follow them

1 cor. 11: 1.

Brian

Seth said...

I'm thinking Mission trails next weekend. Shannon E.'s mentioned wanting to take up her camera again, and Michael C.'s usually down for taking pictures.

And funny story, in my Bible there's one of those headings above verse two, so I thought verse two was actually verse one.

"I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them onto you."

It took me a few seconds to notice the first verse was above that, haha.

Matt said...

Your opinion = win. Sure, it's not normal, but who says that's a bad thing? Let's raise the bar!

I'm totally with you on this. We can do it together. Personally, I consider it a wedding present for, well, whoever God gives me to marry. I'm fairly certain she'll appreciate it, no matter who she is.

On another note, I haven't talked to you in forever. I should get on IM more.